Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

BIG BROTHER BEAR

A and B

A fav photo of Bear and me

Jason reminded me recently that I’d been a “mommy” long before Amelia arrived. It’s true and I feel bad for not acknowledging my first “child,” Bear. It’s funny because he’s not really a child or a bear. He’s our chocolate Labrador retriever, also known as Amelia’s canine older brother. Bear was merely 8 weeks old when we picked him up from Oregon. I remember Jason and me doubting our abilities to raise him after our first night home. I’m so glad we didn’t give him up and made it through the rough times. He’s such a tremendous part of our lives. I truly believe it’s so great that Amelia gets to grow up with Bear. In fact, her first word was “beehr”-- not “mama” or “dada” but “beehr”.

No comments:

Post a Comment