Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

MOMMY & HOBBY?!


Singer Featherweight 221 Sewing Machine


These are some photos of my Singer Featherweight 221 sewing machine. It's a totally old school sewing machine and I L.O.V.E. it. It replaced my cheap ass Costco sewing machine from long ago (no offense to Costco sewing machine purchases). An instructor of mine recommended I purchase this machine and THANK GAWD she did because it's one of THE BEST purchases. Jason actually won it off of eBay for me for Christmas. He's the bestest friend and husband EVER but that's beside the point. The sewing machine is pretty old but it's damn sturdy and quiet compared to the sewing machines sold these days. That's my hobby-- SEWING. I'm dedicating a posting to my sewing machine in hopes to light a fire under my bum to get these damn sewing projects underway. No really, I sew. I swear I sew. I've made dresses for myself and cute garments for others. I've made sewing projects for Xmas gifts. I honestly thought I would be Martha Stewart once I had children. You know, making homemade meals and doing arts and crafts. Things didn't turn out the way I'd planned it in my head right before Amelia was born. That's okay. I'm guessing many mommies can relate that being a mommy and having a hobby isn't as easy as Ms. Stewart makes it out to be. One day I'll make Amelia something, one day...

I have a "Projects" category on my blog site. I'm planning to post photos of my sewing projects once I actually get to them, and now that I've posted this, I know myself and I know I'll have something done within a few weeks to share with you. Keep an eye, or two, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment