Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

BOOM, SHELLAC LAC, BOOM!




If there's one thing I love to have done to make me feel like a chic nanay-- it's getting a mani, well, and a pedi too. I went to visit my girl, Tracy, at Art Nails a couple weeks back and she introduced me to this new nail polish called Shellac nail polish. Basically, it's a hybrid of a nail polish and a gel.

Here's why I like it:
*My nails are completely dry before leaving the salon. I don't have to worry about messing up my nails while attempting to grab my car keys.
*The polish doesn't chip and it maintains the same fresh "just got my nails did" shine the entire time I'm wearing it (usually up to three weeks).
*Nails look manicured for up to three weeks. (More than three weeks is when one REALLY sees the nail growth and, in my opinion, not so chic anymore.)
*I'm a mom and the convenience factor of not having to redo my nail polish every week is FABULOUS. Actually, I typically avoided polishing my nails because I didn't like the "chipped" look that usually followed my fresh polish (with regular nail polish). But now, I don't have to worry about that!

Photo above: Mani with Shellac nail polish after two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment