Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

JOCELYN

Circa 1970's

Yesterday was my sister's birthday. She's 8 years older than me. She's a mommy of three-- one teenager and two young boys. I often turn to her for mommy advice. She IS the one with three offsprings and more experience, although, sometimes she gets bossy about things but I suppose that's to be expected from my older sibling. HA!

A fond memory I have of my sister is her brushing my hair into two pigtails before walking down to the local Thrifty's drugstore. You see, my sister was obligated to take care of me while the parents were at work or just plain out and about. I detested brushing my hair, showering, or changing out of my pj's when I was a kid and since my sister had to take me wherever she desired to go during her watch, she'd make sure to make me look presentable for the public. These days she reminds me every so often how much she hated me for that. Happy Birthday Jo! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment